Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Weight Watcher Wednesday Recipe!

For everyone out there wanting to loose a few pounds. I'm going to be posting helpful recipes on Wednesdays and Thursdays called "Weight Watcher Wednesdays" and "Low Carb Thursdays" I'm on a health kick right now and I want to keep it up. I'm not on the weight watchers program but I use some of there recipes and I believe I benefit.



If you haven't tried this recipe you should. They are so yummy that I could eat the whole pan of them by my self, so instead I make a batch, have one and then rap the rest individually and freeze them for a sweet treat when I want one. That way I don't get carried away. They really are yummy hard to believe they're only 121 calories



Junior Mint Brownies




Junior Mint Brownies


3 Points Per Serving


Cooking spray


1/4 cup butter or stick margarine


32 (about 3 ounces) creamy, small-size mints in pure chocolate (such as Junior Mints)


1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda


1/8 teaspoon salt


2/3 cup sugar


1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa


1 large egg


1 large egg white


Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat bottom of an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Combine butter and mints in a 2 cup glass measure; microwave at HIGH 30 seconds or until soft.


Stir until smooth, and set aside.Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife.


Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.Combine sugar, cocoa, egg and egg white in a large bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. Add mint mixture; beat well.


Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan.Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean; cool completely on a wire rack.


NOTE: Two large (1.5 ounce) mints or 6 miniature chocolate-covered peppermint patties (such as York) may be substituted for 32 junior mints.


Makes 16.


Serving size:


1 brownie Per serving: 121 Calories, 2.1 g Protein, 0.2 g Total Fiber, 3.9 g Total Fat, 19.5 g Carbohydrate, 81 mg Sodium, 14 mg Cholesterol

No comments:

Post a Comment