Sunday, March 8, 2009

Scandinavian Almond Cake

When I lived in California, I went to my church Christmas choir practice and for refreshment we had this yummy almond cake that was so Delicious that I had four pieces. I have wished for that I would have asked for the recipe at the time. I have been trying to find a recipe that was it twin and I think I've found on that's pretty close. I got the recipe from www.lefsetime.com
You have to try this yummy cake. Its so good that I can eat a whole cake all by my self!!



Scandinavian Almond Cake
1 1/4 c sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
2/3 c milk
1 1/4 c flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 stick melted butter

Beat together sugar, egg, extract and milk. Stir in flour and baking powder. Then add butter. Mix well. Spray cake pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle slivered almonds into bottom of pan if desired. Pour into a greased pan( I used an 8 inch round cake pan). Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or till edges are golden brown. I checked on it after 35 min. Cool cake in pan completely before removing. Dust with confectioner sugar if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment