Thursday, March 26, 2009

LOW CARB THURSDAYS!!!

Okay I found this recipe on a low carb Atkins website and it is so amazing and so very yummy I'm starting to crave it everyday now...You'll have to give this one a try, I had my niece take a bite and the she wanted a pizza for her self, truly yummy I give it an A+ for the low carb rating!!!
You Won't Believe it's Cauliflower Pizza Crust
1 cup cooked riced or mashed up cauliflower
1 egg
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 tsp fennel
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
**pizza or Alfredo sauce
toppings (make sure meats are cooked)mozzarella cheese

Delicious and easy.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted .


You can hold it in your hand, But I use a fork

Notes:*I use frozen cauliflower prepared according to package directions. After cooked and slightly cooled, I shred cauliflower with a cheese grater or you can smash it with a fork, and then measure for the recipe. (Don't pack down the cup with cauliflower. Just fill it with a spoon or the cup itself.) so far I have only tried Alfredo for the pizza sauce


Super Veggie Supreme:
Sun-Dried Tomato Alfredo little mozzarella chopped, fresh tomato sliced, fresh mushrooms purple onion, chopped frozen spinach.
Reheats nicely and can still be held in the hand, even the next day.
Pizza crusts can be frozen after the initial baking and used later.
Makes 4, 1-slice servings. Can be doubled for a larger pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment