Saturday, March 21, 2009

Magleby's Buttermilk Syrup


If you haven't tried Magleby's buttermilk syrup then you must make it. I love, love this yummy syrup I don't think there's any syrup that can beat it. I found this recipe on a copycat site.

Buttermilk Syrup
1 cube butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. corn syrup
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Bring first five ingredients to a boil. Remove from heat immediately and add Baking Soda. To avoid boil over I use a fairly deep, heavy pan.

2 comments:

  1. We love this recipe! My Great grandma Magleby used to make it! Now it is a constant at our breakfast table! I giv eit 2 thumbs up all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stuff. You can reduce the butter by half and it still tastes wonderful. Also try using brown sugar--makes it a bit more caramel flavored.

    ReplyDelete