Monday, May 11, 2009

Best Lemon Cake!!!

I am loving real moms kitchen I get some of the best recipes from Laura. I got this recipe from her, I made a cake instead of cupcakes though!!!
I wanted to make my mommy a lemon cake for mother's day and this was so so good. Just the right amount of sweet and tang, I love the frosting and everyone raved about the cake!!! Two thumbs up here.




Cake:1 package lemon cake mix
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1 small package lemon instant pudding
Mix dry ingredients. Add wet ingredients. Mix with electric mixer on medium speed for about two minutes. Use a strong mixer, this batter is thick. Pour into a greased 9x11 pan or two round pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Don't over bake or the cake will be too dry! The toothpick test works to check to see if they're done.
Lemon Buttercream Frosting:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, very soft
6-8 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Place the butter in a large mixing bowl. Add 4 cups of sugar, then the juice and the zest. Beat until smooth and creamy. Gradually add the remaining sugar, 1 cup at a time, until icing is thick enough to be of good spreading consistency (I added 6 cups total). Use and store at room temperature. (Don't refrigerate and it will last in a covered container for about three days.)Garnish with berries, if desired right before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment