Thursday, May 21, 2009

THE BEST ENCHILADA'S

I think I have finally found the best enchilada recipe, I got this recipe off of "On My Menu" and all I can say is yum, yum, I seriously thought I was eating out at a yummy Mexican restaurant, Way good. I'm actually going to be putting a "how to" video together, but all the credit for this recipe goes to Marci.



Ingredients:-
3 c. chicken, boiled and chopped- I put the chicken in a crock pot with some taco seasoning and shredded it after it was cooked about four hours on high!
1 (4 oz) can green chilies-
1 can green enchilada sauce-
1/2 c. chopped onion-
1 tsp. garlic salt-
1 small carton cream-
oil (enough to fill bottom of frying pan)-
8 oz. Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded-
corn tortillas (about 12)
Directions:- Pour cream in bowl and mix in garlic salt. - Mix green chilies, chicken and chopped onion together in another bowl.- Pour thin layer of cream to cover the bottom of baking dish (9x13).- Heat oil in frying pan and get tortilla soft in it (set on paper towels to absorb excess oil).- Dip tortillas in cream, fill center with chicken mixture, cheese and some green enchilada sauce.- Roll tortilla and place, seam down, in dish.- Pour remaining enchilada sauce and cream over top.- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, covered.- Sprinkle remaining cheese and bake, uncovered, 5 more minutes.

1 comment: