Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Home made Pizza


I make this all the time, my Kids LOVE it, and its fun because we can make it personalized and put whatever toppings they like on their part of the pizza. I also like to use whole wheat flour and they never know the difference so its a little better for them. I like to let the kids get involved and help spread the sause or grate and spread the cheese, its fun to make together.
Takes 30 minutes to prepare and cook, makes one large pizza
1 tbsp. yeast
3/4 c. warm water
1/2 tsp. Sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tbls. oil (I like to use olive)
1 3/4-2 c. flour (I use either all or half whole wheat)

Directions: Dissolve yeast in warm water, add sugar and all other ingredients, knead for five minutes. Roll out on a floured surface. Add your sauce and toppings ( I like to put a sprinkle of onion powder and basil on the top) and then bake in oven at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment